Things u should know about waves..
1. Waves transfer energy without transfering the matter.
2. In transverse waves, its particles vibrate perpendicular to the wave direction.
3. Longitudinal wave’s particles vibrate parallel to the wave direction.
4. The amplitude of a wave determines its energy. Higher amplitude has greater energy.
5. Damping of wave causes decrease in amplitude & energy.
6. Waves’ wavefront is always pependicular to the direction of the waves.
7. Waves undergo all of these phenomena; reflection, refraction, diffraction & interference.
8. Water,light & electromagnetic waves are transverse waves.
9. Coherent waves have same frequency ,amplitude and in phase.
10.As the frequency of a wave increases its energy increases and its wavelength decreases.
11.Shorter waves with higher frequencies have shorter periods.